Woman crashes into West Jefferson ABC store
Esther Pennington still going strong at 106
Here’s who is scheduled to be in district court this week
Ashe fireworks show is Monday
Northrop returns from Vietnam
- Woman crashes into West Jefferson ABC store - 12:06 pm updated: 12:09 pm.
- Ashe County Arrest Report - 9:55 am
- Esther Pennington still going strong at 106 - 9:55 am
- Here’s who is scheduled to be in district court this week - 9:54 am
- Ashe fireworks show is Monday - 9:53 am
- Northrop returns from Vietnam - 9:52 am updated: 2:18 pm.
- Meghoo memorial planned for Mount Jefferson - 4:13 pm
- 21st Annual Vannoy Golf Tournament Raises over $428,000 for Scholarships - 12:49 pm
- Jerry Moore on success, life - 8:57 am
- Ashe County Community Foundation awards local grants - 10:38 am
- Ashe nears drought - 10:37 am
- ‘Ashe Vision’ looks to next steps - 10:36 am
- Skylar Branson tops district court docket - 10:35 am
- Church, Tedder earn ‘Golden Leaf’ scholarships - 10:35 am
- Woman says Jefferson ATM gave her stamps, not cash - 1:20 pm
- Ashe County wreck report - 8:00 am
- Museum shows off new ‘Victory Garden’ - 12:00 pm
- GE officially awarded $500,000 to help with expansion - 9:15 am
- New life for old Jefferson Hospital? - 3:36 pm
- Ashe County Courthouse evacuated following bomb threat - 11:11 am updated: 11:27 am.
- Lansing man inhales vapors, strikes tree: Hambright later arrested at Ashe Memorial Hospital - 10:56 am
- Ashe County arrest report - 10:00 am
- West Jefferson Land Company pushing for WCC move - 9:00 am
- Because everyone deserves to go home at the end of their shift: State stresses ag worker safety - 1:06 pm
- McNeill named to BREMCO Board - 1:03 pm
- Hardin earns Wayne Henderson honors - 1:00 pm
- ‘Ham Radio’ field day this Saturday - 11:00 am
- Former App State coach Jerry Moore coming to Ashe County - 10:05 pm
- Singing on the Mountain returns for 92nd year - 7:55 pm
- Ashe County wreck report - 8:30 am
- Southern Justice has likely ‘run its course’ - 6:05 pm
- Commissioners add extra muscle to gun permitting - 1:05 pm
- 12 years in limbo: Originally charged with murder in 2004, Alvious Church has yet to stand trial - 4:34 pm
- Schools could buy new middle school site soon: ‘Close to Jefferson and West Jefferson’ - 5:55 pm
- Sheriff: Longtime deputies moving on - 3:32 pm
- Driver killed on Big Laurel Road Tuesday - 2:13 pm
- Lansing ‘Blues Fest’ is this Saturday - 12:15 pm updated: 12:15 pm.
- CTE classes on the rise - 11:15 am
- County budget sessions underway - 2:00 pm updated: 2:00 pm.
- For love of the mountain - 1:00 pm
- Ashe County arrest report - 12:00 pm
- A magic shot - 10:37 am
- Todd FD staves off foreclosure - 8:59 am
- Carolina West Wireless Celebrates 25th Anniversary With Concert Event - 1:52 pm
- Sharing Center moves into new home - 12:00 pm
- Ashe County wreck report - 9:00 am
- Court: Jefferson man used counterfeit check to buy Barbie dolls - 11:56 am
- Todd firehouse facing foreclosure? - 7:06 pm
- Ashe native picked to lead Mount Airy Schools - 10:25 am
- Longtime local banking chief Bill Ashley dies at 87 - 9:42 am
Ashe County Community Foundation awards local grants
JEFFERSON-The board of advisors of the Ashe County Community Foundation announced grant awards from its community grantmaking fund at a reception on J...
Ashe nears drought
RALEIGH-If conditions persist, Ashe County could soon find itself facing drought conditions.That news comes from the North Carolina Division of Enviro...
‘Ashe Vision’ looks to next steps
WEST JEFFERSON-Ashe County’s new strategic planning process has cleared its first hurdles but more are on the way.Dubbed Ashe Vision, the projec...
Skylar Branson tops district court docket
JEFFERSON-An Ashe County man at the center of a manhunt in February and March is scheduled to be in Ashe County District Court this week.Skylar Alexan...
Church, Tedder earn ‘Golden Leaf’ scholarships
RALEIGH-Two local students were recently awarded $21,000 in total scholarships through North Carolina’s Golden Leaf Foundation Scholarship.The N...
Woman says Jefferson ATM gave her stamps, not cash
JEFFERSON-A local woman is breathing a sigh of relief this week, as a nationally recognized bank has agreed to refund her money following a questionab...
ASU women’s hoops coach battling cancer
BOONE — Appalachian State women’s basketball head coach Angel Elderkin had some tough news to share with her team, coaching staff and fans...
Golfers come out to support NEST Alliance
Submitted photo - It was a beautiful Saturday of golf at Mountain Aire for the third annual NEST Alliance benefit golf tournament. A total of 85 golfe...
ACHS volleyball schedule released
WEST JEFFERSON — The Lady Huskies will get a chance to work on their game at home early in the season with four of the team’s first five c...
Softball camp starts Tuesday
WEST JEFFERSON — It’s that time of year for the annual Diamond Stars Softball Camp at Ashe County High School.The camp will take place thi...
Former Ashe coach takes over Avery hoops program
NEWLAND — Former varsity and junior varsity basketball head coach Scott Grubb has accepted the varsity basketball head coaching position at Aver...
Legislative math problem: 1 + 1 = ?
The checkout line was stalled and grew long. “What’s taking so long,” one impatient customer groused? Word passed down the line that...
The increasingly intense effort to dismantle public education
Long after this session of the General Assembly has adjourned it will be remembered for more than just the specter of discrimination that hung over th...
Do Senate leaders believe their own claims on teacher pay?
Senate leaders made a big splash touting their two-year plan to raise teacher salaries. They held a packed press conference and launched www.NCTeacher...
‘Women’s privacy,’ huh? Most HB2 defenders sang a very different tune in 2015
On March 23 of this year, House Bill 2, the “Public Facilities Privacy & Security Act”, was introduced in the North Carolina General A...
The obvious way to begin to repair the damage to North Carolina from HB2
It has now been two and a half months since Gov. Pat McCrory signed HB2, the sweeping anti-LGBT law passed by the General Assembly that has cost North...
Voting for the devil?
“You would vote for the devil if he were a Democrat, wouldn’t you?”Thus begins an old story that makes fun of an old-time party-loya...