Ellis is headed to Emory & Henry
Trout season opens Saturday
Court does not accept plea deal in Horton stabbing case
Retired North Carolina State Trooper charged in sex crimes case
Bulldogs win big on the diamond
- Court does not accept plea deal in Horton stabbing case - 4:40 pm
- Retired North Carolina State Trooper charged in sex crimes case - 3:59 pm updated: 4:01 pm.
- Lansing woman takes plea deal in drug trafficking case - 5:12 pm
- Combs takes plea deal in courthouse bomb threat case - 4:39 pm
- DA: Hopkins rejects initial plea deal - 11:53 am updated: 3:18 pm.
- Ashe County Arrest Report March 10-24 - 4:51 pm
- West Jefferson man charged with felony indecent liberties with a child - 4:44 pm updated: 4:49 pm.
- Ashe County District Court Report - 4:11 pm updated: 5:01 pm.
- Elderly driver crashes into Dollar General propane cage, cracks wall - 3:58 pm
- Banned from Walmart - 3:31 pm updated: 3:40 pm.
- Court dismisses cyberstalking charge in Fitzpatrick case - 2:23 pm updated: 2:33 pm.
- Faith Fellowship to host debate on resurrection - 5:05 pm
- County’s challenge of planning board’s asphalt decision slows to a standstill - 12:32 pm
- ‘Coffee With A Cop’ to debut this month - 12:00 pm
- Deep Gap man dies in head-on crash - 11:06 am
- Here’s who’s scheduled to be in district court this week - 9:27 am
- Firefighters battle Buffalo brush blaze - 3:21 pm
- Group kickstarts caboose purchase project - 1:00 pm
- AMH ranks among state’s best in patient satisfaction - 12:45 pm
- Commissioners take no action on barking dogs - 10:10 am
- Car careens into creek in Saturday crash - 8:06 am updated: 10:24 am.
- Hopkins, Church murder cases top upcoming court session - 2:20 pm updated: 2:25 pm.
- Superior court to hear Shepherd, Dixon sex cases - 2:15 pm
- Loans available to support Lansing small businesses and entrepreneurs - 12:50 pm
- Who let the dogs out? - 4:40 pm
Banned from Walmart
WEST JEFFERSON-Two local residents will no longer be able to “save money and live better” following recent decisions in Ashe County Distri...
Court dismisses cyberstalking charge in Fitzpatrick case
JEFFERSON-A cyberstalking charge against a local animal rights activist was dismissed during a recent session of Ashe County District Court.Lisa Fitzp...
Faith Fellowship to host debate on resurrection
WEST JEFFERSON-Phillip Drum is returning to the Lion’s Den on April 7.The Wilmington based software developer and self-proclaimed atheist made r...
County’s challenge of planning board’s asphalt decision slows to a standstill
JEFFERSON-The ongoing saga concerning the planned construction of an asphalt plant in the Glendale Springs community may not see any type of resolutio...
‘Coffee With A Cop’ to debut this month
WEST JEFFERSON-Ashe County Sheriff Terry Buchanan will host a new meet and greet program later this month at a downtown coffee shop.“Coffee With...
Deep Gap man dies in head-on crash
WATAUGA COUNTY-A Deep Gap man was killed in a head-on collision on U.S. 421 in Watauga County Monday morning.The accident occurred at 10:09 a.m. near ...
Golfers finish second at Mountain Aire
[caption id="attachment_7195" align="alignnone" width="300"] Photo courtesy | Lorrie Tomlinson - The Ashe County golf team finished second at Mountain...
Bulldogs win big on the diamond
WARRENSVILLE — The Ashe County Middle School baseball and softball teams picked up wins in conference play over Alleghany last week.Baseball: As...
East Wilkes tennis shuts down Ashe
WEST JEFFERSON — East Wilkes helped itself keep pace with Elkin in the conference standings with an impressive 9-0 victory over Ashe County on T...
VIDEO: Lady Huskies take the field
[video width="480" height="272" m4v="http://jeffersonpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Soccer-stuff.m4v"][/video]...
Tennis beats Wilkes Central
WEST JEFFERSON — A strong doubles performance from Ashe County made the difference in the team’s match against Wilkes Central last week.Th...
Huskies get first conference win
WEST JEFFERSON — Pierce Cox picked a great time to come up with his biggest hit of the season.The senior smacked a game-winning RBI double in th...
Learn to compromise
After four years of controlling every branch of state government, Republicans in North Carolina are having a hard time understanding compromise and bi...
Letter to the Editor
Building on a foundation of success, Ashe County Public Library continues to be an agent of positive community change. In support of the library’...
School Reform Requires Strong Leaders
RALEIGH — My father was Darth Vader.No, that doesn’t make me a Jedi Knight. My father was also Boss Hogg and a range of other bad guys. Du...
ACA repeal legislation morphs into an all-out assault on people in need
In recent days, Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives finally released and started “marking up” their long-promised and long-hi...
A tale of two speeches
In his state of the state address, Governor Roy Cooper laid out a hopeful vision for the state, mixing Democratic policy proposals for the base while ...
From Obamacare to Republicare
If we can allow ourselves to tune out the many distractions coming out of Washington (and Raleigh), we might be able to tune into the number one domes...