District readies to name new middle school site
County to host 10U baseball tournament
Authorities looking for inmate who walked away
Ashe County wreck report
Yadkin Bank purchased by FNB Corp
- Ashe County wreck report - 3:00 pm
- District readies to name new middle school site - 11:05 am
- Authorities looking for inmate who walked away - 12:44 pm updated: 1:47 pm.
- Ashe County wreck report - 8:30 am
- Ashe County arrest report - 6:00 pm
- Yadkin Bank purchased by FNB Corp - 4:00 pm
- Ashe women face drug charges - 2:38 pm updated: 2:46 pm.
- ‘Brutal 100’ to be featured on UNC-TV - 2:00 pm
- Burke inmates prove lucrative for jail - 11:00 am
- Car goes up in flames on NC-88 - 8:59 pm updated: 9:02 pm.
- UPDATE: Power restored throughout most of Ashe - 4:12 pm updated: 6:30 pm.
- Vigilant neighbor’s tip leads to arrest - 4:05 pm
- Firefighters knock down afternoon house fire - 2:14 pm
- Ashe County wreck report - 12:10 pm
- West Jefferson man charged with statutory rape - 4:38 pm
- Boggs crash survivor is recuperating - 3:09 pm updated: 11:39 pm.
- Scattered storms possible Tuesday - 11:35 am updated: 11:36 am.
- RNC: Star power at convention - 6:37 pm
- Ashe County arrest report - 6:00 pm
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:47 pm
- WJPD: Man inhales ‘air duster,’ crashes at Walmart - 2:27 pm updated: 2:34 pm.
- Tying the knot - 2:00 pm
- Galax couple charged in Boondocks purse theft case - 12:22 pm updated: 12:26 pm.
- Charlotte motorcyclist ejected from bike, airlifted Sunday - 11:48 am
- AppHealthCare wants to protect your smile - 9:30 am
- Relay: True courage on display - 12:30 pm
- Relay for Life is Friday - 9:30 am updated: 9:30 am.
- Thursday car crash turns the lights out - 8:06 pm
- Teen unhurt in Thursday crash - 5:06 pm
- ‘Stuff the Bus’ campaign underway - 4:25 pm
- Lansing leaders: ‘Slow down’ - 11:37 am
- WJPD: Impaired driver collided with power pole Sunday - 9:44 pm updated: 9:56 pm.
- ATV rider crashes on Copeland Road - 1:46 pm updated: 4:50 pm.
- Vehicle crashes down embankment on Boggs Road - 6:30 pm updated: 7:04 pm.
- Two sentenced in Watauga County murder case - 11:47 am
- Heritage Iron on display - 11:00 am
- Ashe County arrest report - 5:00 pm
- Weekend storm hits High Country hard - 2:15 pm
- Sheriff’s office investigates possible connection to bomb threats following W. Va. arrest - 11:46 am
- County provides Lansing additional restoration funding - 10:00 am
- Home destroyed in Friday fire - 9:53 am updated: 10:16 am.
- Ashe County wreck report - 8:28 am
- The best seats in town - 4:00 pm updated: 4:00 pm.
- New life for old Jefferson Hospital - 2:40 pm
- Bomb threat: Williams issues reward for info - 6:15 pm
- Shatley investigation ‘should’ finish soon - 1:41 pm
- Truck overturns near Sheets Bridge - 10:43 am
- These ‘Girls Got Game’ - 4:11 pm
- Exporting a great idea - 1:15 pm
- New ‘dual enrollment’ school moving forward - 9:19 am
Car goes up in flames on NC-88
LAUREL SPRINGS-An overheating car burst into flames Sunday evening on NC-88.The action occurred near Jerry’s Midway Market.The Jefferson Post...
UPDATE: Power restored throughout most of Ashe
WEST JEFFERSON-Roughly one-quarter of Ashe County residents lost power early Saturday afternoon, according to power outage information provided by Blu...
Vigilant neighbor’s tip leads to arrest
FLEETWOOD-A tip from a quick thinking neighbor may have helped local deputies foil a robbery on Twin Bridges Drive early Friday morning.According to i...
Firefighters knock down afternoon house fire
WEST JEFFERSON-Firefighters and first responders from multiple department beat back a blaze on Golden Pond Road in West Jefferson Friday afternoon.Fir...
Ashe County wreck report
ASHE COUNTY — The following accidents between June 18 and July 2 were reported by the North Carolina Highway Patrol and are considered public re...
West Jefferson man charged with statutory rape
WEST JEFFERSON-A West Jefferson man has been charged with statutory rape following an investigation by the Ashe County Sheriff’s Office.Accordin...
Ashe’s cross country schedule finalized
WEST JEFFERSON — Cross Country season will officially begin for the Ashe County Huskies on Sept. 1 when Ashe traveled to Yadkin County Park for ...
Ashe drops first two tourney games
JEFFERSON — It would be the visitors from Roanoke Valley that took home the machine pitch 8U championship with a winner-take-all victory over Cu...
Grizzlies making changes already
BOONE — With a much-anticipated press conference welcoming the High Country Grizzlies to Boone last Thursday, it took just one week for the fran...
Ticket price set at $6 for all ACHS home games
WEST JEFFERSON — Ticket prices for the 2016-2017 sports season at Ashe County High School will cost $1 more than last year.The cost per game thi...
Twilight League update
WEST JEFFERSON — Furches Evergreens has a two-match lead in the win column after Monday’s round of Twilight League play at Mountain Aire.N...
Tarheel League softball championships this weekend
JEFFERSON — The fields at Family Central and Ashe Park will be busy from Thursday through Saturday with three softball state championship tourna...
Duke Energy seeks to rig the system
Gas-fired power plant may or may not be a good idea, but citizen groups ought not to be prohibited from challenging itIf the law prices simple access ...
North Carolina’s incredible shrinking state budget
Public investments—quality schools, affordable healthcare, housing, and safe, healthy neighborhoods— are the essential building blocks of ...
Greatest show in politics
The GOP convention is nothing if not entertaining. It’s got twists and turns, a changing plot line, and a master of ceremonies who is also the g...
2016 at the midpoint
The halfway mark of this event-filled year is a good time to reflect on the first six months in North Carolina. We would say the year’s theme to...
Misleading Medicaid rhetoric instead of expansion
One of the most frustrating things about this General Assembly session was once again what lawmakers did not do.They actively chose not to join the 31...
Where does the state economy stand at mid-year?
The economy is one of the top issues in this year’s elections, all the way from state and local races to the major contest of the year – the presi...