Structural fire occurs at J&S Motors

Wil Petty Staff Writer

November 29, 2013

A structural fire occurred at approximately 12:15 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 29, at the J & S Motor Shop in downtown Warrensville.

According to Warrensville Volunteer Fire Department Chief Brian Ashley, the fire was caused by a malfunction from a wooden stove in the basement of the business, located on 4996 N.C. 88.

Smoke was seen from the garage and entrance as well.

While there was significant damage done to the structure, Ashley said he believed the damages to the business are salvageable.

Responding units were from Lansing, Warrensville and West Jefferson VFDs, as well as the Ashe County Rescue Squad.