Quantcast


Last updated: November 29. 2013 4:15PM - 3641 Views
Wil Petty Staff Writer jpetty@civitasmedia.com



A structural fire occurred on 4996 N.C. 88 in Warrensville. The fire was caused by a malfunction of a wooden stove in the business of J&S Motors.
A structural fire occurred on 4996 N.C. 88 in Warrensville. The fire was caused by a malfunction of a wooden stove in the business of J&S Motors.
Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

A structural fire occurred at approximately 12:15 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 29, at the J & S Motor Shop in downtown Warrensville.


According to Warrensville Volunteer Fire Department Chief Brian Ashley, the fire was caused by a malfunction from a wooden stove in the basement of the business, located on 4996 N.C. 88.


Smoke was seen from the garage and entrance as well.


While there was significant damage done to the structure, Ashley said he believed the damages to the business are salvageable.


Responding units were from Lansing, Warrensville and West Jefferson VFDs, as well as the Ashe County Rescue Squad.


Comments
comments powered by Disqus



Featured Businesses


Poll



Info Minute



Gas Prices

West Jefferson Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com