Buchanan’s credentials, plans for sheriff’s office emerge
Wilkes Central takes down Ashe
Absher steps down following controversial decision
Mudslide forces business evacuations
Commissioners pick Buchanan to serve as new sheriff
- Buchanan’s credentials, plans for sheriff’s office emerge - 2:41 pm updated: 3:13 pm.
- Absher steps down following controversial decision - 4:43 pm
- Mudslide forces business evacuations - 3:29 pm
- Commissioners pick Buchanan to serve as new sheriff - 12:34 pm updated: 1:20 pm.
- Community comes together to celebrate MLK Day at Ashe Arts Council - 10:12 am updated: 11:15 am.
- Property owners catch a break with middle school deal - 11:31 am updated: 1:23 pm.
- Leek, Morgan, Widner named to UNC-Asheville Dean’s List - 10:08 am
- With volunteer help, Animal Control facility emptied - 3:18 pm
- WJ cruise-ins up in the air - 6:18 pm
- ACHS students advance in nationwide contest - 4:45 pm
- Coffee House Live! Returns This Saturday - 4:29 pm
- Health Insurance Open Enrollment Ends January 31st - 4:26 pm
- Here’s who’s scheduled to be in district court this week - 4:23 pm updated: 4:23 pm.
- A done deal - 4:23 pm
- Commissioners to vote on new sheriff Tuesday - 11:32 am
- Planning board adds three new members - 11:26 am
- Ashe County Arrest Report Dec. 20 – Jan. 10 - 5:10 pm
- Stuart gives birth to first baby of 2017 - 4:28 pm updated: 4:32 pm.
- Ashe County Crash Report Dec. 21-Jan.1 - 12:15 pm
- Tox Report: Todd man killed in crash was above legal limit - 12:50 pm updated: 1:43 pm.
- 221 widening featured in state imporvement plan - 11:16 am
- Here’s who’s scheduled to be in district this week - 3:56 pm
- WCC to receive $6 million from county for Ashe Campus expansion - 3:20 pm
- Jurisdiction Challenged - 8:00 pm
- County approves land deal for new middle school - 10:45 am
ACHS students advance in nationwide contest
JEFFERSON-A team of Ashe County High School students were one of two state winners in a nationwide contest hosted by Verizon Wireless.That’s acc...
Coffee House Live! Returns This Saturday
WEST JEFFERSON-The Ashe County Arts Council will sponsor the Coffee House Live! Saturday, January 14 at 7:30 pm in the Hensley Hall of the West Jeffer...
Health Insurance Open Enrollment Ends January 31st
JEFFERSON-Do you or a family member need health care insurance? Do you have questions about health insurance? The deadline for Health insurance Open E...
Here’s who’s scheduled to be in district court this week
The following cases are scheduled to be heard in Ashe County District Court beginning Jan. 12, 2017.Joshua Max Aben: misdemeanor larceny, second degre...
A done deal
JEFFERSON-Ashe County Schools came through in a big way for the Fleetwood Fire Department this week in approving a move that will allow the volunteer ...
Commissioners to vote on new sheriff Tuesday
JEFFERSON-After more than a month of speculation, the Ashe County Board of Commissioners should finally have a definitive answer on who will serve in ...
High Country sports briefs
Ice Bowl set for Feb. 11JEFFERSON — The annual Ice Bowl at Ashe County Park will bring in packed field of disc golfers willing to brave the pote...
Huskies lose close one to East Wilkes
WEST JEFFERSON — Ashe County’s gym has been a home away from home for East Wilkes guard Joah Logan.Last season, Logan broke the Huskies...
East Wilkes rallies past Ashe
WEST JEFFERSON — The script was flipped from the first half to the second half, and in the end, East Wilkes came away as the victor with a 43-33...
VIDEO: East Wilkes boys beat Ashe
[video width="480" height="272" m4v="http://jeffersonpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Basketball-vs-EW.m4v"][/video]...
And then there were eight
For the first time in six years, all eight of the NFL division winners are alive and well after Wild Card Weekend.Odds are normally in favor of at lea...
Bingham’s senior season begins at LMC
BANNER ELK — Erin Bingham’s final season on the Lees-McRae track team got underway in December with the indoor team’s first meet of ...
Sen. Sessions is the wrong choice for U.S. attorney general
President-elect Donald Trump’s cabinet nominees will be going through the U.S. Senate confirmation process this month — an opportunity for...
North Carolina Is No Cuba
RALEIGH — Let me say this with as much tact and respect as I can muster: If you truly believe that the level of democracy in North Carolina is i...
Cooper’s correcting a colossal blunder on Medicaid, not making one
The folks on the Right are apoplectic these days that Governor Roy Cooper thinks it’s a good idea to follow the lead of Vice-President-elect Mik...
Make North Carolina great again
For most of the latter half of the 20th century, at least from 1960 on, North Carolina was a state on the move. In contrast to its southern neighbors,...
Accountability and transparency with NC’s school voucher program
A common refrain I hear in the course of my reporting and writing about school vouchers — a program that is set to take a large bite out of our ...
Lessons from Tillis for Speaker Moore
Can lessons learned in a successful effort to provide compensation for victims of state-sponsored sterilization help solve the problem HB2 (the bathro...