Lansing woman takes plea deal in drug trafficking case
Combs takes plea deal in courthouse bomb threat case
DA: Hopkins rejects initial plea deal
Tennis beats Wilkes Central
Huskies get first conference win
- Lansing woman takes plea deal in drug trafficking case - 5:12 pm
- Combs takes plea deal in courthouse bomb threat case - 4:39 pm
- DA: Hopkins rejects initial plea deal - 11:53 am updated: 3:18 pm.
- Ashe County Arrest Report March 10-24 - 4:51 pm
- West Jefferson man charged with felony indecent liberties with a child - 4:44 pm updated: 4:49 pm.
- Ashe County District Court Report - 4:11 pm updated: 5:01 pm.
- Elderly driver crashes into Dollar General propane cage, cracks wall - 3:58 pm
- Banned from Walmart - 3:31 pm updated: 3:40 pm.
- Court dismisses cyberstalking charge in Fitzpatrick case - 2:23 pm updated: 2:33 pm.
- Faith Fellowship to host debate on resurrection - 5:05 pm
- County’s challenge of planning board’s asphalt decision slows to a standstill - 12:32 pm
- ‘Coffee With A Cop’ to debut this month - 12:00 pm
- Deep Gap man dies in head-on crash - 11:06 am
- Here’s who’s scheduled to be in district court this week - 9:27 am
- Firefighters battle Buffalo brush blaze - 3:21 pm
- Group kickstarts caboose purchase project - 1:00 pm
- AMH ranks among state’s best in patient satisfaction - 12:45 pm
- Commissioners take no action on barking dogs - 10:10 am
- Car careens into creek in Saturday crash - 8:06 am updated: 10:24 am.
- Hopkins, Church murder cases top upcoming court session - 2:20 pm updated: 2:25 pm.
- Superior court to hear Shepherd, Dixon sex cases - 2:15 pm
- Loans available to support Lansing small businesses and entrepreneurs - 12:50 pm
- Who let the dogs out? - 4:40 pm
- County pays off high school - 4:30 pm
- West Jefferson man arrested on drug charges - 2:04 pm
Faith Fellowship to host debate on resurrection
WEST JEFFERSON-Phillip Drum is returning to the Lion’s Den on April 7.The Wilmington based software developer and self-proclaimed atheist made r...
County’s challenge of planning board’s asphalt decision slows to a standstill
JEFFERSON-The ongoing saga concerning the planned construction of an asphalt plant in the Glendale Springs community may not see any type of resolutio...
‘Coffee With A Cop’ to debut this month
WEST JEFFERSON-Ashe County Sheriff Terry Buchanan will host a new meet and greet program later this month at a downtown coffee shop.“Coffee With...
Deep Gap man dies in head-on crash
WATAUGA COUNTY-A Deep Gap man was killed in a head-on collision on U.S. 421 in Watauga County Monday morning.The accident occurred at 10:09 a.m. near ...
Here’s who’s scheduled to be in district court this week
The following cases are scheduled to be heard in Ashe County District Court beginning March 23, 2016.Dustin Geter Baker: possess marijuana up to 1/2 o...
Firefighters battle Buffalo brush blaze
WEST JEFFERSON-Volunteer firefighters from Jefferson and West Jefferson joined forces Tuesday afternoon in battling a brush fire on Lewis Road in the ...
Ashe shuts out East Wilkes, 2-0
WEST JEFFERSON — Ashe County was able to hand East Wilkes its first loss of the season with a 2-0 victory on Tuesday.The first 40 minutes saw bo...
Tennis team falls to Starmount, Elkin
ELKIN — Ashe County lost a hard-fought match to Starmount last week and were dealt a defeat at the hands of conference-leading Elkin on Monday i...
Lady Huskies win two on the road
BOONVILLE — The women’s soccer team scored wins in two of their last three matches, all on the road, including a shutout victory over Star...
Huskies drop home opener, 4-1
WEST JEFFERSON — North Surry was able to scratch across three runs late in the game to pick up a 4-1 victory over Ashe County on Monday night.Th...
Fifth grade AAU girls finish second
Submitted photo - The fifth grade Ashe Lightning AAU girls brought home a second place finish in silver bracket during the Mayberry Madness Tournament...
Ashe baseball drop three straight
WEST JEFFERSON — Six road games to open the season has made it tough on the Ashe County Huskies.The team has dropped three straight after nailin...
ACA repeal legislation morphs into an all-out assault on people in need
In recent days, Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives finally released and started “marking up” their long-promised and long-hi...
A tale of two speeches
In his state of the state address, Governor Roy Cooper laid out a hopeful vision for the state, mixing Democratic policy proposals for the base while ...
From Obamacare to Republicare
If we can allow ourselves to tune out the many distractions coming out of Washington (and Raleigh), we might be able to tune into the number one domes...
Courts Must Rise to the Challenge
RALEIGH — Do you keep up with your friends and family by typing personal letters and dropping them in the mailbox? Do you do all your shopping a...
Why the minimum wage ought to top the list of ‘women’s issues’
What do women want? Too many commentators assume that when it comes to politics, women only care about matters of sex and gender, discrimination and r...
While most of the press, the progressive establishment and even some traditional conservatives have watched Trump in horror, his base has watched him ...