LAUREL SPRINGS-An overheating car burst into flames Sunday evening on NC-88.
The action occurred near Jerry’s Midway Market.
The Jefferson Post’s Teresa Laws, who witnessed the blaze unfold, said a woman on the scene complained that the vehicle had overheated, forcing its driver to pull into the convenience store’s parking lot to give the car a chance to cool down.
Shortly after driving away from the Midway Market, however, the car burst into flames, according to Laws. Emergency responders quickly arrived on the scene to knock down the blaze and prevent it from spreading beyond the car.
The Jefferson Post will update when further details become available.
Reach Adam Orr at 336-489-3058.